background

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

year of the wood horse talisman

I actually found this piece of driftwood on the beach with a hole in it and the letter "H" bored into by an insect apparently cosmically attuned to symbolism.


  So when I was in Mexico http://thedelightist.blogspot.com/2014_01_01_archive.html a few weeks back, taking my daily walk on the beach, I looked down and boom, there was this sweet little piece of driftwood.  The fact that it already had a perfect little hole in it was what initially caught my eye.  Upon closer inspection I noticed that it also featured a number 4 engraved into it (no doubt by a very talented bug).  But after it rode around in my pocket for awhile, the dust and sand was jostled off and the 4 turned into an "H".  Well, huh (?), I thought.
  These cool, cryptic communiques via found treasures from spirit are par for the course in my world but I was a little stumped this time. (Also par for the course.)  It wasn't until I returned home and back to my internet surfing habit that I was barraged by articles on the Chinese New Year and the impending Year of the Wood Horse. (Starting January 30, 2014) Here's a good overview from Mystic Mamma: http://www.mysticmamma.com/happy-year-of-the-horse-2014-astrology-and-insights/. To be honest, I'm not a big follower of astrology. Not that I'm against it, it's just usually information overload for me.  So to "randomly" find an actual piece of wood with an actual "H" on it, just days before the start of the year of the wood horse, well, maybe I should pay attention.  It sounds like I (we) may be in for some fun, freedom loving, action oriented, hold on to your hats, creative energies this year. But for god sakes stay grounded.  And buoyant.  Let's not forget buoyant.  Like my little driftwood friend out on an adventure that found itself on a pretty pink lucky necklace and the star of a blog post.  I just gotta stay in the saddle and hold on to the reins.  And by reins I mean intention and gratitude.  That always keeps my horse pointed in the right direction :).

No comments:

Post a Comment